CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 21, 2007

Soccer Rockers ~ Game #5

As a mom, is it possible to embarrass yourself on the soccer field? I mean, when you are watching your daughter play an exceptionally great game, can you cheer too much? Meg informed me that yes, you can. She played brilliantly last night, and even scored a goal! I know I am a proud mom, but she made these fancy foot moves that showed just how well she can control the ball. I was VERY impressed. After the game we made our customary call to my parents and shared how well everything went (even though we tied 3-3). I was telling my mom how "encouraging" I thought I was to Meg while she was playing when Meg leaned over and in her stage whisper informed me, "You know, mom, you are a little distracting." Whoops, my bad on that.

OK, I'm going to sway you to my side of the cheering issue. During one play, the girl Meg was guarding was trying to swerve around Meg and ended up hooking Megs leg. Meg did this phenomenal air flip and took out the opposing player. As both girls were coming to the ground, the other girls foot landed on Meg's forearm, leaving cleat imprints. You could hear the collective "oooos" from the parents. Did my daughter miss a beat? NOOOO! She finished her very graceful roll, popped up, and charged after the ball. You could tell she was in a lot of pain but the way she cradled her arm against her side, but she NEVER stopped or asked to be taken out of the game. She even congratulated the player after the game for a job well done. You go girl!

0 comments: