CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 8, 2007

The family that STICKS together ...

Here's a cute one to put in the record books for the most creative way to get your mom's attention.
Thursday night the boys had more energy than usual and bedtime came earlier than they thought fair (a much used word in our house). At eight o'clock we went through our nightly rituals and then sent the boys to their room ~ they share a room which has both positive and negative side effects. You could hear them talking and giggling and settling down for the night, something that takes them about 30 minutes to complete. It really is heartwarming to hear them, but I would NEVER admit it to the boys as that admission would only extend their bonding time until well past midnight if they new they had an audience!

Thursday night was an exception in their routine in that they were CONSTANTLY coming up with excuses to leave their room...one needed a drink, the other had to use the restroom one more time, a new thought came into their minds that would not wait until morning, they suddenly remembered what they wanted for Christmas...you get the picture. At our house, once you're in bed, there is no getting up until morning, so I was getting a little hot right about now. Here is comes.

I was "this close to going in there" when Matt came in with his puppy dog eyes and handed me a sticky note (yep mom, I have taught my children well) that read "I ame hurte" in crayon. I didn't recognize the handwriting or spelling so I asked Matt about the nature of the note. In the most angelic looking face Matt could pull off, he responded that is "broder" was hurt and desperately needed my attention (Matt can come up with some big words for his age). I called for Drew and in he walks with an innocent air about him and shows me his damaged elbow, yes damaged according to Drew. There wasn't a thing on that boy! Little did I know that this was their latest ploy to get out of the room and they knew that a sticky note would be their golden ticket! Apparently Drew wrote the note with his left hand ~ his writing right hand was injured so that's why the note was sloppy and misspelled.
You gotta give 'em credit for trying.

0 comments: