CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 20, 2009

New Job ~ New Outlook on Life

So without giving too many personal details, I've gotten a new job/replacement job/promotion...however you look at it, I'm there. My personal view, and that of many others at the elementary school where I work, is that I am considered a "SWEEPER". If there is a position that needs filling, short term or long, Keli's the gal. I honestly believe that I've been exposed to every single station in the school and now I'm in yet another one. Call it crazy, call it un-natural, but I've NEVER been an assistant in a regular classroom
in all the years that I've been associated with my school!
That changed Monday when I was placed in a 1st grade class and I absolutely LOVE it! I feel as if I've gone from being an aunt to the children at the school (knowing literally every child there but not really anything about them) to being a step-mom of one class. In the brief time that I've spent with "my kids", I've gotten to know their personalities - their inner workings so to speak.
Can I just say that I love my life? I am so honored that I have had the opportunities to work and get first hand knowledge of ALL the workings of a school. Answer phones and deal with parents in the office - check. Clean up puke and empty trash - check on being a janitor. Work with special ed children - check. Experience in a library - check. Start and maintain a computer lab - check. Heck, I've even dished out meals in the cafeteria - check.
Now I get to handle taking attendance and collecting lunch money and
Thursday Take Home Folders and I am on cloud nine, baby!
God has just blessed me with a great group of family at school. I know that my sister is one of my bosses, but sometimes family goes beyond blood ties. It stretches into heart ties and right now, my heart is tied to so many people at my school. I'm beating my mind trying to remember a special bible verse that comes to mind when I think of my school. Shoot.
I'll have to add that later.
Anyway, just thought I'd share my warm fuzzy feelings with ya!

0 comments: