CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Just Me and the Boys

This morning I spent some quality time with my boys participating in a 5K Walk in Jackson. I had initially signed the boys up for a 1 mile Fun Run and Meg up for a 5K Walk. I was going to go WATCH the boys and Meg was going to walk with her Aunt Kara, Uncle Kevin, and several faculty members from school (I'm so proud of all my gals who went today, you guys are the BEST!).

Weeelll, Meg bails on us in our driveway as we were leaving for the big event ... she had a bum ankle so I can't fault her for her decision. That leaves my twin towers of powers and me, I can handle it, right? Long story short, the boys did not run in their event but walked (and illegally jogged) in the 5K Walk WITH THEIR MOM (remember I was going to just watch them)! We had such a GREAT time together! I was a little worried because we were instructed SEVERAL times that the boys could not run, that they had to walk. Problem is that my walk is not that of my two boys. Being the mother of invention, I fudged a little on the rules and let the boys jog every now and then.


I can't wait until the next 5K ... I think we'll have to participate as a family!


So how do you entice two boys to forget about a one mile run
and encourage them towards a 3 mile walk?


Like this:



DISCLAIMER: No children were harmed during the taking of these pictures or the walking/jogging of the Marathon. There were, just briefly, two sets of pouty lips when made to properly dispose of the can before much was consumed.


0 comments: