CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

SUPER slide anyone?

I finally found my video from THE BEST VACATION EVER! We went to Asheville, NC (Sliding Rock to be specific) and made some Hill family history. This is the coolest, literally, slide in the world. You would think that in JULY the water temp. would be perfect. NOT! The water was 49 and FREEZING! One man went into shock as he hit the water ~ no lie! Did that stop our adventurous family? No way! Let me set up the scene...Brian is at the bottom right of the screen and is the first one to hit the water as soon as the video plays. Meg is second down, middle of the screen, and gets out of there as soon as she can. Too funny, she breezes by her Dad, not even stopping to chat! Drew is last (he couldn't find a good spot to make the ultimate splash) leaving poor Dad to wait in the water until Drew comes down - got to give my hubby props for waiting in that frigid water for his son, what a Dad!

This is a natural water slide that is part of some nature park I believe. I went down Sliding Rock as a Senior in High School. Back then they didn't have the hand rail on the left to hold on to as you climbed up. The slide now has a life guard on duty, something else they have added since my first sliding days. I kept pumping up this place, telling the kids how awesome it is to slide down this really cool nature made incline and splash into a deep pool...there were even fish swimming around you! How many times can a parent take their child back in time and share/make a memory with them? Precious mental snapshot.

1 comments:

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

Is your video on here? I can't find the link to it...am I missing it??? I would LOVE to watch it again and again - too funny!!!
Wow - blast from the past!