CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Barely Surviving...Literally

So Matt had his 7th birthday party today, a Survivor one just like his brother. Where everything went right for Drew's in the set-up, everything went WRONG for Matt's! Let's just say that Kara is not the only one in the family to have car difficulties.
I ended up with a flat tire on the way to Matt's party! Yes, a flat. Not a problem, I think, just whip into the nearest gas station and fill it up. First, I don't have correct change. When I went inside to get change, the attendant informed me that the air pump didn't work. GREAT! As I was walking back to my car a very nice gentleman came to my rescue. He just happened to have bought an air pressure pump and it was in his truck. Thank you, Jesus! As he was unpacking the equipment he noticed that the hose was not included. Very funny, God. So I call Brian to see if he can come to my aid. Today is Richland Day and since Brian sells Shelter Insurance in Richland, he had a tent set up and was doing business. Being the loving husband that he is he dropped everything, jumped on his white horse (actually into his white truck), and came right away. By this time it is 2:00 and the party started at 2:00.
I got on the phone to see if my sweet sis can hold down the fort until I get there. Kara, you are a LIFESAVER! Brian shows up, I throw all of my gear and the boys in his truck, and then peel out. I finally get to the party at 2:30 and had a blast! I think there were 17 kids that showed up. We had team challenges, physical challenges, food challenges, buffs, a pinata, cake and boy, do I need an aspirin! Matt had fun ~ that's what it's all about.
I'm sure the angels and the Lord were just sitting around on the clouds, their legs dangling over the edge, eating popcorn and drinking root beer, all having a huge laugh over my dilemmas! I can just see God elbowing his fellow angels saying, "Watch this, it gets better!" One of my favorite sayings is this, "If you want to hear God laugh just tell Him what you've got planned." I think my day was just full of laughter, all the way around!

1 comments:

Roxanne said...

I so love your inspirational message--Yes--you are a true SURVIVOR--Happy Birthday, Matt--you are blessed to have such a great Mom --and Dad!!!