CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 27, 2009

Thanks For Your Present For Me

My dear, sweet husband will be celebrating his 40th birthday in November ~ and he's having a tremendously difficult time with the upcoming event. He absolutely dreads getting older! In an effort to relieve some of the self-imposed stress that Brian's accumulated, I told him that he could get his mid-life crisis out of the way this summer, as long as it was family friendly. Many plans were tossed about ~ skydiving, a trip to Vegas (yes with me!), a motorcycle, etc., but one was always at the top of his list ~ a new 4-wheeler.



Well Happy Mid-Life Crisis, Brian! He found a GREAT gently used 4-wheeler on Craig's List and bought it last week. The thing is massive. Luggage racks on both front and back. Automatic transmission. Like, a lot of horse power or something. Um, it's green. Anyway, I don't know too much of the details but I do know that the smile on Brian's face when he came home with it was priceless!





Hop on, he says. Let's go around the neighborhood, he says. We won't go fast, he says. LIE! A roller coaster goes slower than we did! OK, no exaggeration...I was FREAKING OUT! No way was I ever going to ride on that thing, much less drive it.





Now here's where I eat crow:





Saturday, Brian borrowed a teen 4-wheeler (thinking about getting it for the kids but decided not to) and took the family to his deer camp. I rode with Brian and Drew on The Big Green while Meg drove Matt on The Red Baron. We tooled around for awhile until Brian switched gears on us.





Keli, you drive mine, he says. It's real easy, he says. You can do it, he says. AND HE WAS RIGHT! Meg and Drew hopped on board with me and we hit the road. Definitely not as fast or swirvey as Brian through the neighborhood, but fun none-the-less. By the end of the day I was asking for my own, only in hot pink.





Only 4 more years until my mid-life crisis!

0 comments: