CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

So Simple

I woke up this morning and decided that a good dose of hard working, sweat dripping, yard cleaning medicine would be just what I needed to chase away the blues of missing Meg while she's at camp. Call me crazy, but I absolutely love mowing and weed eating.
I begin my morning with mowing the front yard, only my lawn mower is having some technical difficulties. Hhmm, wonder what's going on with that? Putting on my detective hat I discovered that the problem probably lies with the STICKS that someone has put in the gas tank of the mower. Well, shoot, so much for mowing. I'll just move on.
My next job was weed eating. I drag out this monstrous machine that Brian bought to ease the burden of weeding. Perfect ~ except I can't work the thing! After several aggressive tries to start this technological wonder, I give up. Plenty more to do, right?
My next attempt at the front yard is to trim the bushes. I'm fighting the heat, slinging sweat out of my eyes, have asked the boys to help bag the debris, and feeling like I'm finally accomplishing something this morning.
After a few minutes, I notice that it's very quiet in my yard, a little too quiet for my taste and experience. I turn around in time to see the boys running down the street to a friends' house while yelling over their shoulder, "It's too hot to work in the yard, Mom. We're going on a slip-n-slide. Be back for lunch."
And you know what? They've got the right idea. It is too hot for yard work. I'll finish after Church tonight when the heat is hopefully not so oppressive. So, if you drive by my house please overlook the half mowed front yard, the angrily discarded weed eater, and the shaggy bushes. My heart was in the right place but darn I still miss Meg! Wonder if there's any chocolate in the house?

0 comments: