CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sweet Home, from Alabama

Our family just returned from a relaxing mini-vacation in
Gulf Shores, Alabama. We left Saturday morning at 6:15 (I know, it's that whole early bird thing) and returned Monday evening around 5:00.


The temps were perfect, the breeze was perfect, the company was perfect, the sand was not! I wish it was acceptable to take a vacuum cleaner on vacation with you, my poor van sure could have used a few minutes of TLC each evening. I know I drove my poor family absolutely nuts with my obsessive hollering, "Brush all that sand off. Don't sit on the bed until you've taken your shower. Watch out, you're getting sand on my beach towel (that one's a hoot, right?)."

I did enjoy myself. Loved watching all the people ~ we were very lucky and played on family friendly beaches all three days. I'm ashamed to say that I didn't take near the amount of pictures I should have. I wish I had gotten one of Meg with her cover up on, I just don't feel comfortable showing her off in her cute bikini.
This is in front of a Souvenier Shop in Gulf Shores.
The last time our family took a picture in front of a shop down on the beach, it was blown away by a hurricane. So, my sincere apologies if anything happens to this little cutie!

Drew found his calling on the boogie board. He would literaly swim/float for hours on this thing.

The only way we could get him in to shore was for suntan lotion and food!

Matt was SO excited to find a shell with "something" in it. Mama ... not so much.

1 comments:

Tate Family said...

Looks like y'all had F-U-N! (I mean, who wouldn't with YOU as the matriarch.) ;)