CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Anniversary to me! Um, to us!


Today is our 15th wedding anniversary. Can you believe it? I've been married to the same sweet, exasperating, aging, loving man for 15 years! That just blows my mind!

At this time on June 4, 1994, I was decorating Pinelake (the old one) and trying to put everything in its place. I wanted a simple, Christian wedding and got just that.

It was perfect.

The wedding party was to be at the church for pictures at 1:00 and at 12:00 I realized that I needed to leave and get myself ready. I can't believe how simple everything was. I literally ran home, jumped in the shower, got dressed, and then wondered how I was going to fix my hair! Seriously! I remember standing in front of the mirror in my parents bathroom thinking, "I've got 30 min. to get my hair fixed and put my veil on. How can I make this work."

God made my fingers fly and put together something that resembled a bride.
And boy howde, Brian was one handsome devil in his tux!

We had friends and family help with as much as possible. Brian's aunt, a rose LOVER, supplied us with a few beautiful arrangements; the prelude was all hymns played by a family friend on the piano and my mom on the organ; another close family friend sang heart touching songs; two of my buddies from college videotapped the ceremony (a funny note here - when Brian and I were watching the tape after we returned from our honeymoon to Hawaii, we noticed that many of the scenes would fade to black and then return a few seconds later. When I asked my friend what was happening, he replied that he had been in a car accident that morning and that he was blacking out! No lie! When he would feel faint, he would fade out the scene and his friend would take over).

We were so young and in SO much love. We thought we had the world by its tail and couldn't wait to start our adventure together.

Here's one of my favorite hymns that I just had to have played in our wedding ... it holds true then and now:
Savior, like a shepherd lead us, much we need thy tender care; in thy pleasant pastures feed us, for our use thy folds prepare. Blessed Jesus, blessed Jesus! Thou hast bought us, thine we are. Blessed Jesus, blessed Jesus! Thou hast bought us, thine we are.


4 comments:

theglenns556 said...

I remember you wedding so well? Odd because there are weddings I don't remember that I was IN!!! Hope Eavenson & I went together! It seems like it was only 2-3 years ago!

theglenns556 said...

Oh, and Happy Anniversary!

Tate Family said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Loved your explanation of your simple wedding. Isn't it silly how over-the-top weddings are these days?? We, too, had a, ummm, cheap...no, FRUGAL wedding. :)

Here's to MANY, MANY more, with Jesus being your glue. :)

Shelley said...

Happy Anniversary!!! :) We, too, had a simple, beautiful wedding...doesn't have to cost much to make that day the absolute BEST!!

Hope y'all are enjoying your summer!!