CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

When you want what you've never had ~ you must do what you've never done

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let now your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27
Well, I took a HUGE step today and did not sign my intent at school.
Take a breath, Keli.
I am going back to big school in the fall, MC to be exact. As my kids say, "Mom's going back to school to learn how to be a teacher."
Breath in, breath out, Keli.
I can honestly say that this is one of the most difficult decisions I've ever had to make.
Hang in there, girl.
I just knew that if I didn't go through with it this time, I would never finish my degree.
I have tried to go back to school, about 4 times. I've even applied, got financial aid going, the whole works. Funny thing ~ it just wasn't God's plan. Each and every time I would get my ducks in a row, we would find out we were moving or that I was pregnant. No lie.
God got my attention in a big way!
Brian and I have been talking and PRAYING, like forever,
about me making this move and we just knew.
The time is now.
I was so terrified about stepping out of my comfort zone, about moving away from my NWRE family, about leaving behind all that I feel I'm known for.
Crazy, right?
Me, Keli Hill, infamous mover
(I've been married for almost 14 years and we've moved 8 times
in three different states), is petrified of taking a different road.
I must need my head examined.
It is my goal in life to have stability for my family. An outsider might look at the Hill's and wonder how we can be on the go so much of our life. We live in one city, Brian works in another, the kids and I go to school in yet another city, and still our Church is an hour and a half away.
We are gypsies.
But if you look a little closer, each time we make a "chess move", it is with the ultimate goal of consolidating our life. I can honestly say that I have found the end of the tunnel and a bright and glorious light awaits me. No, I'm not dying, not that type of light.
Peace.
I think that's what the Hill's are craving. That's what God is leading us towards.
That's what my light looks like.
Today I went to school without a heavy weight. I could take a cleansing breath, shake my head, and know that I'm doing God's right thing. For my husband. For my kids.
For myself.
Others might question the saneness of our decisions ~ have I mentioned that we now have to move to keep the kids at NWRE. For real. Like we HAVE to move this summer.
But you know what, I fall back on my new favorite life-line,
"Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind."
Someone at school asked me today if I was coming back. You bet. She asked if that was a promise or a threat. My response? If there's on opening, it's a promise. If there's not, it's a threat. Hey little sis, keep something on the back burner for me.
Snap, I need a tissue!

2 comments:

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

Oh, snap, I need a tissue too!

Yes, the Granny sisters will be back together again...it might just be a few years!

Tate Family said...

I think I have finally come to terms w/this. :( Time will fly -- and you'll be back better than ever! ;) Proud of you!!