CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Curious?

OK, I'll spill the beans about Saturday night with the Killoughs. I'm still shaking my head at my crazy expectations.
Many of you wouldn't guess this, but my sweet - very redneck husband - Brian, is a member of the Richland Rotary Club. I'm not really sure who or how many Rotary Clubs were involved with this plan, but somehow and someway we were told that the Harlem Globetrotters were coming to Brandon. That's right folks, the Harlem Globetrotters! Actually their B-Team, but the team nonetheless. Every Rotary member was to sell tickets with all proceeds going towards the March of Dime (I think). Kara jumped on board with me, both of us thinking that we could get some ideas to use for our school's Marshall Madness Basketball Benefit.
I immediately knew something was wrong when we pulled into the Brandon High School parking lot and there were very little cars. VERY LITTLE! Dun, dun, dun. Then, we got a glimpse of the Harlem players, all 5 of them.
Come to find out it's not the Harlem Globetrotters but the Harlem Ambassadors! The only resemblance between the two ~ the red/white/blue basketball and the name Harlem. That's where it ends. Their team consisted of 4 guys and one gal, who was the coach. They had one, 1, uno, lapel mic that they rotated to whomever needed it. They did bring an announcer who also doubled as their music technician on a laptop and speaker beater, yes speaker beater. The Harlem Ambassadors had brought one speaker that had a short in it so every few minutes the announcer would run over there and shake/beat it.
Poor Kolton was running a fever and DROOLING a puddle everywhere (he's still the cutest thing ever). Lucky sis and family got to leave early. My family had to stay until close to the end.
I hate to say it but NWRE ladies could definitely teach the Harlem Ambassadors a few things about basketball and entertainment. You ain't lived until you've seen our teachers play it out on the court!

1 comments:

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

Great recap of the evening...I could not have said it better myself! At least we experienced it together!