CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I hope all of you lovely ladies had a wonderful day yesterday. As for myself, I claimed the WHOLE weekend as MY day. In fact, at the conclusion of Church yesterday morning we sang "This is the Day" but for some reason Meg didn't care for my version..."This is my day, this is my day, that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made. I will rejoice, I will rejoice, and be glad in it, and be glad in it. This is my day, it is Mother's Day, I am happy 'cause I'm K-e-l-i. This is my day, this is my day, this is Mother's Day." Yea me!

Mom, Meg is DEFINITELY my girl; she asked me how many Mother's Day's I've had. No lie! Straight faced as she could she asked how many times I've celebrated Mother's Day. When I finally set Meg straight on how her birth and the number of years I've enjoyed Mother's Day are connected, Meg was speechless. Her reply? "I can usually talk my way out of stupid talk, but I feel really dumb with this one. I just thought you added all of our ages together." And guess who jumped on that one...Matt. His response? "Um, Meg, if you add all our ages together you get 27 and Mom's only 35. That means she would have had to have us when she was 8!" Have I mentioned that Matt LOVES to do math in his head? Much to his sister's dismay, I might add!

0 comments: