CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Get with it, Mom

My baby girl took me to the woodshed tonight due to my lack of blogging. Apparently, she can't read my mind any better than I can read hers and the only way she can get into my head and know my true thoughts is to read the blog. Hello, ever heard of listening when I'm giving you all those pearls of wisdom? OMG, Meg! You so crazy :) So, Meg, this one's for you...

I was a little sneaky today, sweetie. Sometimes Moms do think of themselves first. Want to know why I didn't care for your first choice of shoes? I was buying YOU shoes that I would wear, literally. If the shoes weren't going to grace my feet, I wasn't putting the money down. Care to know something else? I've got my eyes on a certain pair of earrings in your room. Still think you want a sister?

Seriously...
When my children were younger, there were days when I was majorly reconsidering my sanity. In my opinion, God had a huge sense of humor and I was His target. Through the years, many sage women would tell me to enjoy this time because it would soon pass, leaving me with memories, gray hair, and stress lines. They were right.
The other night the kids gave me a glimpse into the past, but in a way that might just surprise you. Meg decided to clean the kitchen after supper , Matt took out the trash, and Drew swept the kitchen floor. I sat there watching those little Hills and took a mental picture. That used to be me doing all those things for the three for them. My, how rolls reverse.

When my future holds days of busyness and tension; when one task slips by only to quickly be replaced by another; when I feel as if I'm sewing Jell-O to pudding, my precious babies, now quite grown up, have made me a very blessed woman. I may joke with them, about them, and to them, but I love them. I am proud of who they are and what they are and what I know they will be. I love you more than you love me and no take backs!

0 comments: